Friday, May 28, 2010

Future Gazing…Through Facebook...

Facebook… one of the most well known, talked about and most controversial online communications in the world. So the questions is… is facebook doing us harm?

In past times, back before online chat rooms, mobile phones and even internet access was available face to face communication was crucial and apparent in every day life. However today we have seen a dramatic downfall with communication slowly resulting through technologies such as online chat rooms, mobile phones and of course the one the only facebook.


Has facebook change the way in which we associate in society?




To be honest I thought facebook was a useless waste of time and extremely unsocial when it came out. All my friends where jumping in line to create their own facebook bar me. However as time went on I realised that I was the odd one out the only one who didn’t own a facebook and to be quite honest left out…
When one of my best friends moved back to America I gave in… purely to communicate with her… well that’s what I say…


Since being on facebook I have realised that communication with certain people has changed dramatically. People I would have spoken to through mobile communication or face to face I now speak through online. As well as this, I noticed that people who I have never heard of or seen in my life began trying to add me as a friend. Online stalking and the constant need of knowing what people are doing I have never really understood. I don’t mean to offend but I can’t stand the News Feed. What motivates people to update what they are doing ever hour of the day? And more importantly who actually sits there and reads this crap… I can tell you one thing.. I definitely do not


Online Stalking… Has It Gone To Far…

Online stalking can be harmful and a bit of fun however when is online stalking through facebook enough? Recently there have been news reports surrounding the death of a young girl after meeting what she thought was an attractive teenaged boy online. The girl un-expectantly planned her own death after meeting up with whom she though was a teenaged boy but turned out as a middle aged murder.

This sad reality has come extremely apparent in society and makes us question the safety of facebook and who you should or should not trust.




Facebook is part of most people lives and has become the latest craze and phenomenon in the 21st Century. Facebook is a safe place to interact when going about it in the correct and educated way. I believe facebook is a chic invention however has created a shy society in terms of communicating face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment